In 2003, Doug and Jan Circle were blessed with the stewardship of Sierra Madre Vineyard. Over the next few years, a small portion of the fruit went into the Sierra Madre Vineyard wine label, but the majority was sold to some of the most incredible wine producers in California.
The business model has changed since then. Circle Vision now owns three vineyard properties and the sole focus is to grow top-notch fruit for quality wineries.
- We aim to do everything in our power to make our vineyards successful so that our wineries will be successful.
- We are happy to work with and license wineries to our vineyard names, as long as the resulting wine shows the depth and quality of our vineyard site.
- We are willing and interested in working with winemakers on cultural improvements to advance the quality of grapes and ultimately the quality of the wines.
- Our family's goal is to maintain long-term working relationships with our customers.
- We have been farming in California for 35 years and approach stewardship of the land in a responsible manner. Sierra Madre Vineyard is SIP Certified, and our intention is to SIP certify Portico Hills Vineyard, once planted. We believe SIP Certification provides a template for managing the longevity of the properties, the responsible management of growing grapes, and a social responsibility to our labor force.